Monday, October 19, 2015

Vigo so far

JUST A QUICK EXCERPT FROM EMAIL TO HIS MAMA:   

Laundry is great the clothes are all fine hahah thanks though. Fun hearing from grandma Sorensen about the farm, makes me happy. Brushing my teeth twice a day! Also send the long letter from Becca to the Beardens, I think they would enjoy reading about Adrian. Love you mama Heavy black heart



Well this week was definitely better than last. After PDay last Monday, we were passing by some old investigators homes. Elder Jones and I got talking and didn't even realize we had passed three of our addresses. By the time we realized it, we decided to keep walking to the ones far away. We found this woman, Ana. Ana....is literally addicted to the bible. We would start reading a scripture and she would quote it from memory before we even finish. It was quite amazing so we handed her a bom and said "hey get addicted to this" so we've taught her thrice since and we committed her to church last time, so we'll get a date to be dunked tomorrow night Smirking face it was a little miracle in the life of ours for sure.
 My second miracle happened later that same day. We got a call from the AP's after we got home and we're thinking "uh oh what did we do." It was nothing, but they wanted to talk to me. They tell me they taught my friend and his whole family is beginning to accept the gospel. I'm like Wait what friend? My pal Adrian was in my ward in SoJo and was a foreign exchange student that is from guess where? Yup, MADRID! How cray is that? Fetching nuts. I gave them his address when I found out he wasn't in my area and I'm pretty sure he's gonna get baptized so I told them the story and they were like "Yup that sounds exactly right. He asked about you and where you were at. We taught his family and it was amazing. Elder Gearig, you made quite the impact on him back in Utah" I'm crying at this point because it was so amazing to hear about and I couldn't even remember doing anything impacting for him. But needless to say, our actions that we may think go unseen are actually being seen, so remember that next time you're about to do something stupid. Integrity is doing the right thing when you don't think anyone is watching. It really touched me to hear that and drove me all week. We finally got some investigators and things are finally getting rolling here in Vigo. Thumbs up sign🏼Regional indicator for SpainRegional indicator for Spain
I've also been reading a conference talk every night before bed and watching a bible video right after. Although I've seen all the talks, I've found we miss a lot of things. So by reading them again I've learned a lot more so I challenge you to rewatch or read the talks. 
Tuesday night we had a comida with a Dominican family. First of all let me just say I've been cured of my hatred for pasta thanks to this lady. Absolutely amazing. But after dinner we were having fun and making beats on the table and I was free styling for them and we're dancing and having a good time. I get up and start hitting my whip and that good Nae Nae for everyone and I look over and the mother was just watching and staring so I got embarrassed and sat down, then she stared at me and starting dancing tooFace with tears of joy it was hilarious. Gotta love the Dominicans. So we shared a spiritual though and went home with more pasta which was also a miracle because elder jones and I don't have money because they lost my debit card in transfers and he used all his money for stuff in our Piso since we opened it up. So we've been living off 37 cents this week and straight oatmeal. No lie. So it was nice to have good healthy food. Well until next week amigos. Stay fresh.Face throwing a kissVictory hand🏼

I'm bringing planking back..just on top of the highest mountain in the area. Eat your hearts out at the view Smiling face with heart-shaped eyes
We found an old tractor 
The Dominicans 

No comments:

Post a Comment