Tuesday, October 27, 2015

From Vigo this week


So I don't have a ton to write, and when I say that I literally mean it unlike Isaac who says he doesn't have time but still writes 15 chapters worth of an email. Jk homie yanno I love you, I just need to spend an hour a night for the rest of my mission reading it to finish it Grinning face with smiling eyesWinking face 
Anyways, on important things.... 

SAVE THE DATE!! 

No I am not getting married but we have a Fecha!(baptismal date) We've taught Ana every other day for two weeks and she wants to be baptized on the 14th! Ahh it's a miracle and we're so excited for her. She's seriously a golden investigator and I know the Lord put her in our path after years of preparation. She's accepted everything and is so fun to talk to. It's nice being with her because I feel comfortable and my Spanish is understandable with her lol. 
We also made 32 burritos this week (@benditlikebcca) and froze them, so every time we need a quick bite we just nuke them in the microwave and chow down. It's dope. Except something about a tortilla in the microwave that long makes them hard... But I heard if you put a cup of water in the microwave with it, the evaporated water will be absorbed by the tortilla Face with tears of joy(@mommaheidi @whateveralexasnameis) sike it doesn't work, don't try it. 
What else happened... We went to the bar with two other investigators Saturday night and had a good conversation with them (we only drank a little bit mom, no worries) so that was an interesting time hahah. 
Other than that not much else happened this week. I've walked more in this past week than my whole life combined lol. Sorry this isn't too exciting of an email so here's a spiritual thought. 
I was reading an Uchtdorf talk from this past conference, the one titled It Works Wonderfully. In a nutshell it's about simplifying the gospel. I've learned in these 9 weeks that the Spirit works in very simple ways. So why feel the need to make it more complicated than it needs to be? The Spirit testifies of simple truths, so simplify that stuff! "Tell a man there are trillions of stars in the universe and he will believe you. But tell hi, the wall is wet with paint and he'll touch it just to be sure." Retweet of the week <<. So yeah, SIMPLIFY. K cool. Also watched the Mormon message from New Years about Not Looking Back, it tells the story of Lots Wife when they left Sodom and she looked back with mourning and was destroyed. What's in the past is in the past..so why worry about it? Look forward people, and control what you can control. Stop wasting time trying to fix mistakes that can't be made better, and focus on the next decision and the next day to make sure you don't make more mistakes. 
Well, hope all is well in the str801 and to my peeps around the globe. You're in my prayers every day. Stay trillHeavy black heart
-Elder Gearig 



No comments:

Post a Comment