Monday, November 2, 2015

Another week has gone by.....


Hey wassup hellooooo

Well this week had a lot going on so I'll try to keep it to 1/100th of the size of Isaacs this week. 

So Wednesday I went on exchanges with the district leader, elder antezana. Way cool guy and doesn't know English so it was really great to speak 100 percent Spanish for a day. We related really well and I like him a lot. All of our appointments fell through and nobody showed up to English class (which I had to teach) so that was alright. We had noche de hogar after but nobody came again hahah so we found a less active and taught him a bomb lesson. Dropped a hammer on him and was like "yeah that's how we roll out in Vigo." Elder Antezana was stoked. Do I got home Thursday and find out our electricity got shut off. Lol we payed the bills for two months but I guess they don't like American Mormons. So we've been staying with the other elders all week and that's been really really fun. So when we first got here to Vigo five weeks ago, we didn't even have an apartment for the first night. We finally got it the next day and had to use all the money to make it so we could survive in it. So then we didn't have money. Then we finally got my money and now we don't have a place to stay lol. 
So no piso but we had money. We got the piso but then had no money. We got the money but now don't have a piso. So I wonder what's in store for us this week...
So Friday we had zone conference up in Coruña with President and the whole zone. It was a great experience and I learned a lot and Elder Reese and I had another heart to heart. He's having a tough time because his trainer is inicuo so I gave him advice and we talked and he looked at me and said "you've been the biggest blessing in my mission Gearig." And my heart Broken hart but it was great. On the way home I sat next to two señoras. I was feeling confident so struck up a conversation for about 45 minutes with Beatrice and after she got off I talked to Beatriz (the other one) it was a big tender mercy for ya boi here because I've been feeling my Spanish wasn't been good at all but they both wouldn't stop talking about how amazed they were I had only spoken it for like 10 weeks and I shared the gospel with them all alone without my comp so after I felt really great #ThxPaps got some referrals from the train so I was amped. 
Last night we were walking to a lesson with our Fecha (Ana) and there was a homie ahead of us so we slowly caught up to him and turns out we know him! It was cool because we NeVER have taken that street before but decided to this time. And guess where he was going? Ana's! He's her cousin! So we talked to him and had a good conversation on the way there and he joined our lesson! So Ana has had a hard time lately and has been really stubborn (shocker, there's nobody like that in Spain) and we were getting upset because she wants to know everything is true but isn't doing anything about it. So Carlos (the homie) (also knows absolutely nada about our church) looks at her and says "what they just said makes a lot more sense than what you're saying." And she got quiet then he said "you believe in it but you aren't practicing what you believe." And I chuckled because WEVE BEEN SAYING THT FOR A WEEK. K cool. I pulled some scriptures out of nowhere while she was complaining and she stopped and got quiet because she knew that the scriptures I shared were correct and I was like "yea wussup 801 represent." *fist bumps my comp*. We bore some bomb testimonies and then Carlos wanted me to pray in English so I did and it was next to impossible. I couldn't remember English for crying out loud. #123embarrassing 

K so spiritual thought(s). I was reading in Jacob and it talks a lot about examples (what I got out of it at least) and I started writing in my study journal. We need to be a good example in all aspects of our lives because we never know who is watching. If we break a seemingly pointless rule or commandment, someone else can break an ever bigger rule justified off the fact that they saw you break one. So be an example of the believers no matter what it is you're doing. The way people break big commandments is over time, after breaking little ones because they think it's unimportant. So don't fall in bad habits of breaking small rules. 
K next. Some lines from my week of conference talk studying. 
This ones from Elder D. Todd in April of 2011. 
“How could you do this to me? I was making such wonderful growth. … And now you have cut me down. Every plant in the garden will look down on me. … How could you do this to me? I thought you were the gardener here.”
    President Brown replied, “Look, little currant bush, I am the gardener here, and I know what I want you to be. I didn’t intend you to be a fruit tree or a shade tree. I want you to be a currant bush, and someday, little currant bush, when you are laden with fruit, you are going to say, ‘Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down.’
We need to trust the Lord in all things because he indeed knows what's best for us, more than we know. Trust that everything happens for a reason. 
This is from Elder Holland this past conference. 
"He knows he owes much to many, but he knows he owes the most to two messianic figures in his life, two who bore him and carried him, labored with him and delivered him--his Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and his determined, redemptive, absolutely saintly mother."
Love your mothers for crying out loud. And go watch the whole talk and try not to cry, I dare you. And give your mother a hug and tell them you love them, because there are about 80,000 missionaries who wish they could do that. So do it. K cool. Deuces.

From Spain with sufficient love
Elder Gearig 

No comments:

Post a Comment