Friday, November 13, 2015

9 November 2015

Hey hey heyyyyyyyy

First of all, a very special happy birthday shout out to my homie 
Elder Austin "Big Gyps" "Aussie" "Squad Duf" Emery! Shoot
him an email to make him happy. @ Austin.emery@myldsmail.net the big
19!

Also a girl in my ward got her mission call to guess where? Madrid
 Spain so shoutout @theglenmoor3rdward for repping it out here.
Good luck to the football team this week in the semis against Lone
Peak. Better win because Elder Reese is talking trash to me (he played
receiver last year) I'm not worried though.

Well not much has happened this week. I say that in like every email
but like really this time hahah. But I didn't get transferred! Staying
here in Vigoooooooooooo. I went on exchanges with Elder Müller Friday
and Saturday and President called him and told him he's getting
transferred so that was fun. We dropped him off at like 6:30 this
morning and are in a trio until Elder Howard gets his greenie
Wednesday. I'm stoked because I'm a seasoned veteran now since Hermana
Terhorst is getting a greenie too hahah.
We took a boat across the harbor to teach a less active family,
pictures and video to follow. It was rainy and cold and windy and wet.

So we ran into some problems with our investigator with a Fecha this
week. We're pushing her date back because she isn't ready quite yet.
But we had a miracle on Sunday with her. We were teaching on Saturday
and told her that we become clean of our sins every week as we take
the sacrament and renew our covenants and she got excited. But she
takes these pills that knocks her out until 12 every day. So we told
her we'd come pick her up in the morning at 9:30 for church (the past
two weeks she didn't wake up when we came) but we figured we'd keep
trying. It's frustrating because it's like a 45 minute walk to her
house, then 30 more to the church so when she doesn't wake up we walk
5-ever. But we showed up Sunday morning and she was up! We went
upstairs and she told us she decided not to take her pills so she
could come. Which is scary because she like NEEEDS to take them. But
she didn't.. And we got to push her in her wheelchair like 2 miles to
the church. Should have seen us running with her wheelchair because we
were running late still lol. It was a special experience for all of us
and she made some new friends at church. And we're starting to teach
her cousin tooSmiling face with smiling eyes

This guy stopped us in the street and started talking in English about
his times in the marines in Switzerland and he owns this American
restaurant here and wants to feed us so we were stoked about that.
Homeboy is gonna hook it up thick with some marine shirts too Smiling face with Sunglasses I let
the elders here wax a section of my leg so that was cool... We made our
own little gas stoves like scout camp and eat s'mores and hot dogs
regularly...Elder Howard got a package and had some Heath bars in
there and doesn't like them so I ate some and I almost died it was so
good. So hey, Christmas is coming and if you simply send me a Heath
bar I'll fetching love you. Aaaaaand that's about it for the week hah.

Alright spiritual thought time. My conference talk this time is Elder
Andersens from Priesthood "Faith is not by chance, but by choice."
He talks about making faith, well... A choice hahah. He said that our
faith is either progressing or diminishing. I use the analogy of a
campfire for this. When your chilling by the fire (while we're eating
fondue, idk about me but I know about you so say hello to falsetto in
3,2, swag) @bieber sorry... But if you're at a fire and it's roasting
and you don't put any more wood in what does it do? It eventually dies
out. But as we add more wood to it it grows bigger and brighter like
#faith. So keep adding wood to your fire of faith, and keep watering
your seed. "Your future is as bright as your faith."-President Monson
and also my retweet of the week.

Love you all. Keep on keeping on and hopefully I got something more next week.

Still American,
Elder Gearig

No comments:

Post a Comment