Monday, January 11, 2016

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plains...

Even the statues don't listen....
Happy day to everybody. Happy happy happy. 
Yay for @bellahousel for getting her mission call next week. She's the realest
Well this week has been awesome!
First of all it has been raining out.of.control here. Like I don't know how to express to y'all how much rain has been dropped from the heavens on us. Vigo was on the news the other day because everything here flooded, including the whole soccer stadium in like four feet of water (it's a big stadium). Half of Pontevedra flooded and the rest of Galicia as well. Nonstop for two weeks straight. I kid you not. I just don't even know what more to say. The rain in Spain most definitely does not stay in the plains. It stays in my shoes and clothes for two weeks Straight. From the time we leave in the morning to getting home at night we're soaked. I found out I'm not a good umbrella buyer cause I've gone through four already lol. Thanks dad for the trench coat, it's getting put to great use.
Monday night we visited a couple less active teenagers brothers and shared an awesome message with them then talked video games and COD for an hour. Luckily Elder Jones knew a lot because I sure didn't. But they really opened up to us so that was awesome. Video games do help I guess (we didn't play them, don't worry)
Tuesday was splendid. We visited this family across the bay that came to a ward activity last week. We taught them The Restoration and I've never felt the spirit so strong in my life. Everything went according to plan for the first time in my mission and we said exactly what we needed to say to allow the Holy Ghost to touch their hearts. Aaaaaaand we committed the mother and son to baptism! We walked them to the dentist right after and made plans to come back later in the week when the father would be home! Then we left. BUT! They haven't answered our calls and won't answer anything so we kind of got curved again. So it is in Spain I guess... Super sad but I've been praying harder than ever before for this awesome family to let us come back. 
So Sunday we had a lot of less actives in church that we've been teaching(: we were SO happy. We've reactivated two families and are working on some more! Seriously the joy that we felt yesterday when they all walked in was greater than having an investigator in church. Reactivating is not as easy as I thought hahah.
It was my turn to teach Ward Family Home Evening on Wednesday so I shared the video "The Hope of Gods Light." (PLEASE PLEASE GO WATCH IT.) Then I asked everyone some questions about prayers and receiving answers. Some people got really in to it and it ended up being a super spiritual night. I know God answers prayers. Always. In His time, and according to our faith and willingness to act upon receiving answers. If we aren't reading and going to church though, we won't receive an answer for awhile (most likely). So if you pray and feel like you need an answer, open up those things called scriptures and start reading! 2 Nephi 32:3: 3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. Feast upon His words my friends and you'll be guided to where you need to be! Here's a quote that's one of my favorites and is very applicable in all our lives. 
"I thank God for protecting me from what I thought I wanted, and blessing me with what I didn't know I needed."
Sometimes the answer isn't what we were expecting, but are we ready to be led down a different path led by The Savior? I say yes! Trust, have faith, be patient, and search. 
Much love to you all from me. 

Just tryna' make it rain,
Elder Gearig

Next baptismal  candidate

No comments:

Post a Comment