Monday, June 13, 2016

Best gift ever! A couple pictures from a sweet stranger!

Hello and greetings from Toledo, Spain!!! Ran into these fantastic young men today! Please know, these are incredible young men, and it was a joy to meet them and chat with them!! With love, and gratitude, Alison Bosen Peoria, Arizona


Good day friends. Well this week was another amazing week! Not as much
happened as last week but it was still a stellar week. Just loving
life and trying to beat the heat out here!

Okay so I'm gonna skip straight to Saturday. Saturday morning we got a
call from a less active we were supposed to visit and she told us she
was super sick and not to come. I told her that was why we needed to
come so we could give her a blessing. So after some sweet talk we got
out to her house and met her and her family for the first time. This
Dominican family of like 10 living there, all with the most
outrageous, straight up fresh hair I've ever seen. We spent a solid 20
minutes talking about their hair. Anyways, they were speaking
Dominican which is basically Spanish without the S's and mumbled 100
mph, but I have Dominican experience so I was fine, but Elder Wright
had no idea what was going on. Poor guy. Threw me back to my first
Dominican experience back in Vigo. I don't remember a thing. Did some
service around the house with them then the mom made us lunch. She
made the best drink you'll ever taste, it's called morir-sueñando
which literally means "to die dreaming" and it's so true. Good good
food as well. Tuesday we ate Spanish food, Friday we ate Ecuadorian,
Saturday was Dominican, and Sunday was Mexican. Idk where else you're
gonna get that diverse of food. Good time there though.

Okay Saturday night! Adela finally came back from her job! So we
headed over there to visit her and we walk in and she had a friend
from her country! She came over and joined us and we finished up the
tithing and fast lesson with Adela and her friend absolutely loved it
and was asking all sorts of questions! Her friend only recently
started believing in Christ so she was so interested and open! She was
asking some of the best questions anybody has ever asked me. Adela
actually asked her friend if she would be baptized with her! So God
gave us an inch with that and we took the whole yard. She said she
would love to be baptized! So we have two on track right now for the
26th! Her friend asked the difference between our baptism and that of
other churches. After a lot of scriptures here and there we finished
with the restoration and explained that we are the only church with
the Priesthood authority of God to do it. She ate it up!!
She asked for a BoM so naturally we gave her ours. The funny thing is
right in the middle of when I was inviting her to be baptized, I
straight up spilled my glass full of Aquarius (Gatorade) allllll over
my shirt and pants. But I
pretended like nothing happened and finished the invitation, she was
so so excited to be learning about Christ and how she can follow his
example. It truly has been so humbling, starting with Fabricio, to
Adela, now to Marí Sol, and seeing them do whatever is necessary to
change their lives to follow Christ and His way. It was one of the
most Spiritual and spiritually draining lessons I've been apart of. We
taught her how to pray and she offered the most sincere prayer I've
ever heard. It went something like this "...thanks for the health of
my family, Lord. In this moment I ask thee to show me if this is thy
way for me. I want to follow Christ and need to know if this is truly
your path for me. If this book, Joseph Smith, this church, the things
these men have shared with me are true or not. Guide me.....Guide
me... GUIDE ME!" She straight up called God to give her her answer. I
knew she was feeling the Spirit because you could just feel the
difference when she semi-yelled the last "guide me" it was absolutely
unreal. She closed her prayer and we stayed kneeling for a little more
than 10 minutes in silence. My pants were soaked, my shoes were
sticky, it smelled like Aquarius, we all had tears in our eyes, and
the Spirit was tangible I swear. So strong. We're so excited for these
woman!!







But yesterday we ran into a group of 20 Americans on a choir tour!
This lady comes running through the group "elders elders here's a hug
from your mothers!" And gave us these hugs hahah. We took pictures and
a couple of them were Mormons so it was fun. 





Good week, we had. If you're still reading this then you're probably a
family member or a true homie. Much love to youThumbs up sign🏼Heavy black heart️
I read Pres. Uchtdorfs talk from Oct 2014 called "is it I?" And it was
amazing. When we see or hear certain things, almost naturally we say
"this would be really good for (insert name here) to hear this. It
could really help him" when in fact, it's US who need to hear that.
But we're selfish humans at times and need to find out who we truly
are. Instead of thinking of who could use this certain talk or such,
we need to realize that it is for us. That we are nothing. That we're
less than the dust of the earth because the dust obeys God when we
don't sometimes. We are in fact nothing and we are a bunch of
nobodies. But through Christ, and when we are willing to humble
ourselves and ask ourselves "is it I?" Then we know our place and one
day will become even like Him.

Temple next week so day of preferring is Wednesday.Heavy black heart️


Elder Gearig
Enviado por mi Liahona

No comments:

Post a Comment