Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Well another week bites the dust. Good week though, good week indeed.
I knew I forgot a birthday last week and I'm quite embarrassed so
happy birthday to Elder Brock Sivulich this past week! You're the
bestHeavy black heart️ also Alyssa Mecham's is this week, actually on my 6 month mark
too so that's an exciting day! Hah...six months....And Happy 14th to my cousin
 Ian and Happy 13th to my other cousin Stetson!

So Elder Howard got sick last Sunday, then Elder Holt and Elder Ferro
woke up sick on Monday so we didn't do anything last week for PDay. We
sent Elder Holt and Ferro home to rest while Howard and I worked at
night. He should have rested as well but insisted on working. Bad idea
because he couldn't get out of bed Tuesday. Nobody did! Except me. So
I studied all day and cleaned the whole piso and was sick of being
inside not working so I called a member, we dropped off my companion
at the others apartment and quarantined them all together while I
worked for the rest of the day. I felt bad for leaving my comp but I
worked and we taught an awesome lesson to a less active family so it
was okay! They felt better Wednesday, and Thursday I woke up sick lol.
But it wasn't bad so I didn't say anything. Slow couple of days though
hahah. Hermana Staker told me that elders think they're better
missionaries when they try working through sicknesses, but it just
makes them worse because they don't get better faster and end up
losing more opportunities to work. It's true! Elders are stubborn Winking face

Well we found a bar of gold this week. I'm not gonna say more about
him because I don't wanna jinx it. If he's still around next week I'll
tell y'all the story of him because it's unreal! So stay tuned.Eyes

Umbrella with rain dropsUmbrella with rain dropsSplashing sweat symbolSplashing sweat symbolIt hasn't stopped raining in a week straight and doesn't look
like it'll let up anytime soon. Again. Looooove Vigo. Lol we call our
umbrellas our "shoes" because if you leave in the morning without it,
it's the equivalent of walking around without shoes on. On the reals I
really love Vigo and I love the rain, but it makes contacting that
much more difficult so you feel like a terrible missionary all week
because there's not much going on. But hard work is paying off! I've
got a testimony of that for sure.

My ponderizing scripture of the week was Alma 26:12. "Yea, I know that
I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast
of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do
all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this
land, for which we will praise his name forever."
This is applicable to every single person out there. Especially to
missionaries because we can't do this work alone. We rely on The
Spirit in every moment of the day to give us strength we need. And
when something good happens, we can't boast of ourselves or think that
it was us. Because it's 100% about Christ, and it's 100% the Spirit
working through us. We simply listen to the Holy Ghost and let the
Spirit do the rest. We may experience miracles every day, all of us,
and they're because we have a loving Heavenly Father looking out for
us. We're just His instruments.

Iiiiiii wanna knowwwwwww...have you everrrr seeeen the raiiiinn....?,
Elder Gearig

No comments:

Post a Comment