Friday, April 15, 2016

April 4 -- Conference Time!

Well good day fellow humans. Hope all is just dandy wherever you read
this from.
First of all, RAIN! It's raining! I haven't seen rain in like four
weeks, stoked.


Well this week was the beeeeest. Mostly because of conference but it
would have been good nonetheless.


Wednesday we had a pretty good District Meeting if I do say so
myself. Had a fun activity but it was actually quite spiritual so I
was happy with it. Went on exchanges with an elder here to his area
and that was an experience for sure.
We got there and he had planned like nothing. Not only that, but what
he did plan he didn't have backup plans. That's a no-no in the
mission. So what I'm trying to say is we contacted for 5 hours. Hahah
he was scared of contacting bigger crowds, and I love doing that, so
it was fun to teach him the ropes of how-to-get-references 101. Really
though, we saw miracles doing this. I talked to him last night and
turns out almost every reference we received has a lesson set up this
week! Hahah that doesn't happen hardly ever so I'm glad I could help
them out over there. I talked to this family from Bulgaria of about 15
and they LOVED us! Hahah it was awesome because we took a wrong turn
and were walking when we realized we were going the wrong way, so we
turned around and I saw this family and started talking to them. If we
wouldn't have taken the wrong turn we never would have found them so
it was definitely a miracle. They invited them over Sunday night to
"talk to God" hahah.
We also had an experience in an apartment building. We passed by an
old investigator of theirs and he had moved. So I had this impression
to stop and pray. God led us there to find someone, whether it was that
person or someone else in the building. So I offered a prayer and
asked God to guide us to someone in that building who needed this
message. We did, I took off the down the stairs to the next floor and
knocked a door. Sweet lady opens up and we talked for awhile and she
invited us back this week. So if we're willing to be guided, God will
guide us. Simple as that.
Had to lay down the law a little bit that night though because some
missionaries just don't understand what it means to be "exactly
obedient." But this kid really is a stud so it ended up turning into
me telling him how awesome he is, because it's true. Just needed some
tweaking! So I went in and I went out and I feel good about that area
now. #InNOut

A Hermana here in Toledo leaves for her mission today. She's been
here serving and waiting for her visa and she's going to Temple
Square! Look for Sister Calderón walking round the temple in a square
and say hello to her. She's awesome.

Conference was THE BEST! I know everyone else and their companions
 will be writing about it so I'll try to share something
different. I LOVED Elder Stevensons talk. It was fire. I loved his
analogy about how we never have to ask "where are the keys?" ever
again. Because the priesthood of God is here and won't ever be taken
away again! How neat is that? I'd say that's pretty neat. The fact
that we have 15 very aware and experienced men leading our church
brings me peace. I remember when I received the Melchizedek
Priesthood. My dad, brother, grandpa, and four of my best friends
(Taylor, Aussie, Hallz, BSiv if you wanna know who) were able to share
this experience with me and three of them stood there and placed their
hands on my head to give me it. It was an experience I'll never
forget.
I had the opportunity to confirm and give a young girl the Holy Ghost
a few weeks ago after her baptism and the priesthood is real my
friends. I was nervous because this is a big deal! Hahah something
that only happens once! As I opened my mouth the fear left and I let
the Holy Ghost talk through me and I know I said what I was supposed
to say although I don't remember anything I said. The Priesthood is
here and it's only in the true Church of Christ. How amazing it is to
know and to be made known to every person in the world!

Hope all is good and know your pal Elder Gearig is here doing well and
would love to help in anyway he can.Heavy black heart️

Every day I'm out just tryna make the most,
Elder Gearig

No comments:

Post a Comment