Monday, April 18, 2016


The District Pt. 3
Hi
Hope today has been good so far


Well this week was super great! I'll just cut straight to the chase
starting with Wednesday! Had exchanges with another elder here in the
good ole district of Toledo. We found two great people! The firsts
name is Luis. The second is a 17 year old Colombian who's bringing me
chocolate back from Germany and we'll meet with her in a couple weeks.
'Twas a good daySmiling face with Sunglasses

Thursday we got a message from our only investigators here. He said
this, "hey elder. I've decided to not continue my studies with you
guys, my Catholic roots are deep and I don't want to change. Good luck
with your mission!" My companion and I sat there for like five minutes
in silence. Felt like a solid punch to the gut. We've been working so
so hard to find people and we finally had potential with somebody!
Then bam, he's gone. But we talked him into letting us Coke (come) by that
night to talk things over. We went in and his whole family was there.
We had one of the most spiritually guided lessons I've been apart of.
The spirit was intense and they felt it so strongly! In the end they
still decided to not continue the discussions but we left on a super
good note with them and they're more prepared for future lessons to
fully accept the gospel! That night and all day Friday were super
tough, but we kept working as hard as we could and being as obedient
as we could trying to find more people. It sucked but such is the
life.

So back to Luis! At first he didn't want anything to do with us but I
sweet talked him into giving us his number. Called him Friday and he
was super excited that we called! He was like this "hey hey when can
we meet?! Can I come to the church and we can talk more?! Can I bring
my friend?!?!" It was so weird hahah that's never happened to me
before. So we met with him Saturday! It was so legit! He was really
interested and speaks perfect English but my companion doesn't, so we
spoke in English and they spoke in Valenciano lol. We taught him in
Spanish though so we each knew what was going on. He is really
interested and asked if we could meet again so of course we said yes!
Afterwards I was super happy because God definitely let us be broken
down Thursday to rebuild us on Saturday if we showed him our faith,
which we definitely did. That's not all!!Black down arrowBlack down arrow️

Later that night we went to visit my good friend Elder Howard's (from
Vigo) convert from a year ago. She's..interesting.. Lol. She makes us
tip-toe two floors up in complete darkness and we have to talk in
whiskers (whispers I'm guessing, I'm leaving because it's kind of cute to this mom)to not wake anybody up. Lol it's like 9 o'clock at night,
nobody's asleep. But anyways. We walk in her kitchen and there's
another girl in there. Her niece! She's been here for a week and her
best friend is a Mormon back in Niceragua! She doesn't know anything
though so we took that as a "go ahead and teach me and then in two
weeks baptize me" answer. The restoration, bam! It was unreal. The
no-lights and low-voices really added some spice to the lesson. By
spice I definitely mean spirit. It was incredible. We got back home
and hit our knees and thanked God for His miracles He gave us.
We lost two investigators, but after the trials of our faith, we
persevered and out our trust in Him, and he gave us two more right
back; better and more prepared. It was a good week(: keep the faith!!

So these weeks Conference talks consisted of numbers 2&3. I really
loved them both! I like the story of the father swimming in the lake
and almost drowning, but he kicked off his shoes with a last effort of
desperation and was able to make it through. We must use all our
strength to drop the things if the world holding us down so we can
make it through to Safety! Trials and tribulations are only there to
help us through!
The second talk was about who we are: Children of God. This should be
our first source of identity. This doesn't meant if somebody asks us
who we are we respond "a child of God" but we can not forget that. It
should give us power and motivation through trials and life. "We live
in a world that can cause us to forget who we really are. The more
distractions that surround us, the easier it is to treat casually,
then ignore, and then forget our connection with God." We cant forget
it!

Quote of the week, "If you're on the right path, it will always be
uphill. God is eager to get you to the safety of higher ground."
President Eyring

Faith keepin',
Elder Gearig



No comments:

Post a Comment