Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Asunto: Castles, Miracles, Christ, and everything in between


Asunto: Castles, Miracles, Christ, and everything in between
 
Happy Monday to you all wherever you find yourself. A TON happened
this past week so apologies for the size of this email. And shout out
if you make it to the end #squad #fam. I'm currently on a train to
Madrid for Concilio so by the time you read this I'll be breaking
Elder Reese's ankles because we're playing basketball today so pray
for his ankles!๐Ÿ˜Ž
Also I have a TON of pictures so I apologize as well.๐Ÿ˜

So last PDay we went and checked out this sweet Templar Castle. It was
actually closed when we got there but the pictures from the outside
were still sweet.



 We found some wild fruit and ate it because the
member told us it was better than the fruit from the tree of
life...and he was probably right. It was delicious. ๐Ÿ˜ went to the
Roman Empires capital in Spain on the way home and saw some cool
things and had the best chocolate I've ever had. All in all a pretty
solid PDay ๐Ÿ˜Ž
So Tuesday was the greatest day ever. We spent all three hours in the
morning contacting and talked to like 60 or 70 people and didn't get a
single number. That's like everyday for us though. MmmBut Tuesday
afternoon was the greatest. We have been working with this LessActive
27 year old (Miguel(he one who proposed to his Californian friend (she
kind of said yes(for next summer(he's going there for Christmas)))))
so we went to visit him. We were watching "Patterns of Light" by Elder
Bednar and talking about recognizing the Spirit and he was like "it's
always been super easy to recognize it for me. It's always with me."
Then why have you been less active dude?! Bt it was cool still, then
he leaves after the second video and was like "I have an idea" and he
brings his mom (Marta) back with him. His mom has major problems with
the WoW. Like..major. He vents to us all the time about it and so we
were scared at first. We had 10 minutes with her and by the end she
was crying and telling us how she's never felt that peace or
tranquility in her life. We said a prayer and she left because she was
embarrassed of crying again. Then we went to the other room and said
bye and she was just super happy and it was just amazing to see The
Spirit working within her. Biggest miracle for me. And she's Spanish
so that's a miracle in itself.

Right after, we had a lesson with a street contact and the guy was
actually home! Taught the restoration and he loved it! He believes a
lot in science though which throws some alarms nut it's all good.
Going back this week so hopefully he read!

That night we had family home evening for the YSA there and we threw
it together last second and actually had a lot of people there! All
are less active except one and luckily he's like their leader so they
all came. We had a ton of fun and it was cool to get to know kids my
age and just have fun and be myself. Tuesday was. Good day๐Ÿ˜Š

Wednesday through Friday we were up in Oviedo and Gijรณn for exchanges
with the DLs up there and I want to serve there so bad. It was so fun,
I'll make a voice recording for that though. And I saw the ocean for
the first time since Vigo๐Ÿ˜

Friday we got home and immediately had a lesson so we didn't eat
lunch. It was a new investigator and she's actually atheist but not a
normal atheist. She's Cuban and so the communists there like forced
atheism on her so she said she's open to know if God really exists.
She actually has done her family history through the church for 25
years now but just never has met with missionaries until now. She said
she's completely open and willing so hopefully we can help her believe
in God! We gave her a couple chapters to read and she said "give me a
week, I'll need to read them a few times." Hahah she's awesome! Family
History softens hearts people!



Saturday we visited Miguel and Marta again(: we taught Miguel alone
because his mom was too tired to come): but we were leaving and he was
like "one second, don't leave!" He opens the door and looks back with
the goofiest smile on his face and was like "she's awake!" So Marta
came in and we taught the restoration. She already has an awesome
testimony if the spirit and it's super easy for her to recognize. Such
a powerful lesson and I've never felt a peace like that while I've
taught. I keep meeting these people who are so willing to change their
lives and improve everything and it is so impressive. Jhexel in Vigo,
Fabricio and Adela in Toledo, now Miguel and Marta here. They've made
such an impact on me and I just love them all so much. Now I hope
Marta will actually be baptized unlike the others (yet). It's
seriously been so humbling  to see this woman with heavy addictions be
willing to meet with us. She admitted she has a problem, and wants
counseling, for the first time in her life. Miguel is so excited
because he was about to move out because he couldn't handle living
with his mom. Now they can stay together!(: thanks for not being an
addict Mom๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

Speaking of Fabricio: he called me the other night and he is working
in Valladolid which is close to Leรณn. I'll actually have to do
exchanges there soon so I'll get to see him(: he's still the same
enthusiastic dude and still calls me " hermano jee-arr-eej" hahah I
love that man.

Also I talked to elder smith on the phone and I still love and miss him.

I have such a strong testimony about obedience and enduring. When
everything is going bad, Gods just testing us to see if we'll still be
faithful and obedient. We've had nothing here but as we've been
obedient and kept on keeping on, the Lord came through and blessed us
with these three new investigators. The Lord truly is preparing his
sheep and is doing it through us, we just have to all do our part!

Well that's a little bit of what happened this week! I'll throw some
more on a recording. Love you all!

G Preachin,
Elder Gearig

No comments:

Post a Comment