Friday, February 17, 2017

The island life is the life for me


Elders Romney & Gearig saying goodbye

Final goodbyes before the plane


Well hello everybody! Hope you're enjoying the cold weather back in
Utah. I've had a week in the mid 70's with a view of the beach
everyday. Life's good.

So this last week has been interesting for sure. Our flight landed
late Monday night and we got to work Tuesday. Haha the work here is
really slow right now. I think this past week was the first week of my
mission not teaching an investigator. Just a few less actives. So
we've been trying to find like crazy and received quite a few numbers.
So hopefully we can get these people into new investigators and get
them progressing in the next little bit. It's also weird being back in
short sleeves.




New Companions!

My comp is a cool cat from Payson Utah. Stands a little taller than me

and is super chill haha. He just got done being trained so is still
kind of scared of doing some things but we had a solid week getting
him out of his comfort zone, and we saw quite a few miracles as well!
It'll be a solid transfer!

We had a cool lesson with a less active on my first night. We had
planned to teach him how to teach the restoration so he could share it
with his friends. As my companion was writing stuff down, I was
getting to know him better and find out why he was less active. His
parents and brother died awhile back and he opened up to me about his
feelings and everything. So it was pretty clear that what we had
planned was NOT what he needed. My companion is still working on his
Spanish and kept trying to teach him the restoration 😂 so I had to
take control and we ended up having a super awesome lesson about
repentance and the hope that God gives us as we're faithful. He sure
liked it and committed to reading a few chapters we assigned him. Just
another example of inspired questions and following promoting of the
Spirit! Being a missionary is the best!

Well I wish I had more experiences to share with you guys but
hopefully I will I'm the next week or so. Speaking of which, next
week, PDay will be switched to Wednesday again because we have zone
PDay right before a zone conference. So 10 more days it will be once
more! Love you all and read the scriptures!

Gospel Preaching,
Elder Gearig


No comments:

Post a Comment