Monday, February 27, 2017

Lithuania to Venezuela


Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Hello loved ones. It's been a solid five days since I've last wrote,
but we've had quite a bit happen! Can't believe February is already
over! Got 5 months to get add much done as possible now!

So Thursday we had Elder Soares of the presidency of the seventy here!
He's spoken a couple times in general conference and is an absolute
spiritual GIANT. I learned so much from that man and his wife. It was
incredible.
We flew home Thursday night and got in at about 8:45. We were
absolutely wiped out. But I told my companion we were going to hit the
streets and get something done in 45 minutes. So we left and got
nothing. UNTIL. Two guys from a bar called us over to talk to us. They
wanted to know what we were doing so we started talking and 30 minutes
later, they drove  us home and we had their references. It was super
cool! The one wants his children to have good morals and loved what we
were doing, he thought I was 27 as well lol. The other guy grew up in
Argentina and the Mormons let his friends use their basketball court
so he already loved us too. Cool little miracle of what happens when
we give it one last shot when we're tired.

Friday was the best.! We met with two new investigators! Clever is
from Venezuela and is 23, he is super cool! We had such an awesome
lesson with him! The Spirit was really strong and he was asking solid
questions and was loving it! I was so stoked, I love teaching people
my own age. We invited him to be baptized and he said yes! 25th of
March! I asked him and he said " but I've already been baptized" so I
said  " remember what we said about the apostasy?" And he was like "
oh right! My baptism wasnt done with the right authority " and I was
just amped out of my mind. Solid guy.

After lunch we met with Saul. He's from Lithuania! (S/O to Elder
kendell) he's atheist but super open to talking about God. We taught
him in English so my companion was excited Hahah. We had a lesson and
just talked about who God is, what he's like, his characteristics and
nature and all that good stuff. I seriously LOVE lessons like that.
Something so simple yet so profound and the spirit is ALWAYS strong.
It was incredible.

Something I loved from Elder Soares visit with us was the faith to
work miracles and getting out of God's way. Ever since I got here, I
feel like I've been exercising a lot of faith in trying to find people
to teach. And I didn't see any results for two weeks. I've been
wondering if I really didn't have as much faith to find as I thought I
had or what was going on. But this past week I've been blessed to see
the fruits of the first two weeks. We have a couple new people to
teach and things are slowly picking up! We have to get out of God's
way in this work by being obedient and diligent and working with faith
and patience. There's no slowing down!!


Foot sleeping on the gas,
Elder Gearig

No comments:

Post a Comment